Facilitator Weekend Workshop
Participate in a weekend workshop to learn more about facilitating connection groups
Have you felt called to organize or facilitate a connection group in your area? Or perhaps you already facilitate one and are looking to exchange ideas and best practices with others.
This weekend is an opportunity to be introduced to facilitation and take your skills to the next level. Over these two days you can…
- Experience an active Community Centreplace
- Learn practical models for forming inclusive and meaningful communities
- Explore a marketing/networking starter kit
- Participate in a community experience activity
- Share ideas and learn from others
In preparation, you are encouraged to purchase and read the following two books ahead of time, which will be referred to during the weekend…
Weird Church: Welcome to the Twenty-First Century by Beth Anne Estock and Paul Nixon
- (In Canada at https://www.amazon.ca/Weird-Church-Welcome-Twenty-First-Century/dp/0829820345/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=weird+church&qid=1564417501&s=gateway&sr=8-1)
Beyond Resistance: The Institutional Church Meets the Postmodern World by John Dorhauer
- (In Canada and the US at https://www.amazon.com/dp/0913552747/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_L6XpDb80WM6R7)
Lunch, snacks and refreshments will be provided. Local overnight accommodations are available from $79-$150 per night (cdn) and you can view some of them at https://bit.ly/2YpAE0R
For those who are unable to travel but are interested in the workshop, a ZOOM video link will be made available for group sessions and presentations several times over the weekend (with provided time off-line for self-directed exercise work).
Some areas will be hosting local gatherings to attend the ZOOM sessions and work on exercises together. Once you have registered, we will let you know if there will be one in your vicinity (or one might be formed if there is enough interest in various geographic areas).
More details will be added as the planning continues. Space is limited so be sure to reserve your spot by registering today.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 519-404-3357 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you there!
- Troy Roach